Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

11 Months and SICK SICK SICK

Baby bear turned 11 months on the 11th. I am sad to say that she didn't enjoy the big day of turning 11 months on the 11th (her golden month birthday) because she was sick. Ellie had a nasty NASTY stomach bug for almost 7 days. Today marks her first day of feeling better!! Last Friday Ellie came down with a nasty bug - I blame it on myself for bragging about how she has never been sick. I have learned my lesson!! She lost 14 ozs and she was a very sad sight, no smiles, no playing, no talking - just being sick to her stomach and sleeping. We went to the Dr. 3 times to make sure things weren't taking a turn for the worst, she was dehydrated but not severe, they really feel it was a stomach bug but on the third visit they gave stool sample kits so we could collect stool - YUCK!! Adam filled the first sample and I have been filling the rest, we still have 3 more to fill I don't know if I can stomach anymore. Today I just had to laugh as I was standing in the bathroom with a glove on my hand, my t-shirt pulled up to cover my nose, a crying baby hanging on to my ankles, leaning over a SMELLY upset tummy dirty diaper, and scooping yuckiness with a tiny spork (a spoon fork) into a container that smells like rubbing alchol!! I just wanted to cry because I am sooooo over it but I just had to laugh b/c never in my life would have seen myself in this situation. We will have the results in a week, they test for E-Coli, parasites, & other bacterial infections. I feel everything will come back fine, I think she just had a nasty stomach bug. Thanks for letting me share my fun experience :) thanks for all your prayers.
11 month pic with Elephant. This picture was taken on day 4 of her yucky bug - poor baby!!!!
Daddy happy to do the deed of sampling!!

Just thought I would throw a happy picture in after the downer post and yucky pictures. Mommy's helper having fun unloading the dryer a couple weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment