Potty Training!!!! While Ellie was out on Winter Break from school I decided it was time for the dreaded Potty Training. Ellie has been quite aware when she has dirty diapers - she has been taking them off when they are wet. Soooooo I took this as my que to go for it! We did the 3 Day Method which I have heard people talk about. You don't leave the house for three days give them lots of salty snacks & water. Well that is about all I knew of the method, I did not read the book - I just winged it (probably should have). By the 4th day I told Adam she is NOT ready & I was tired of the constant battles and cleaning up!!!!!! Ellie woke up that morning and said she wanted to wear her Princess underwear, which I was not allowing her to wear until she made to the potty the majority of the time - needless to say I was over it all, so I said "Fine you can wear them if they get wet you are going back to diapers (I am almost certain that is not a part of the method!!). Well the wearing of the underwear and me OVER IT was the golden ticket it finally clicked at least the peeing part :-) Proud to say she is potty trained except for nap & night time diapers - next battle! Love Love the picture above sweet sister encouragement while Big Sissy sits on the potty!! A sister is by your side for all your BIG milestones in life.
Aug 2020
5 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment